Shanghai( Hu) is known as a “showpiece” of the economy of mainland China. It is gaining attention day by day because of its tourist attractions. It is one of the most populated cities of China. Here, one finds the perfect blend of cultures including oriental and the western ones. It has got many skyscrapers and many museums around the city.
The main tourist attractions in Shanghai are:
- The Bund
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Yu Garden
- Shanghai World Financial Tower
BUND IN SHANGHAI
The word ‘bund’ derives from an Anglo-Indian word for an embankment along a muddy waterfront. It is a beautiful place for lovers and a romantic ones. In 1846, British company opened its first office in Bund. Lover’s wall and World Architectural Flair adds to the beauty of Bund. The real beauty of this place lies at night with lamp lights surrounding the place.
- Location: Extends from Jinling Road in the south to the Waibaidu Bridge over the Suzhou Creek in the north, on the western bank of the Huangpu River, a tributary of the Yangtze River
- Bus Routes: No.20, 22, 37, 42, 55, 71, 135, 921
- Open Hours: all day
- Admission Fee: free
- Main attractions: There are three main attractions on Shanghai Bund:
- 1. Group of sculptures: Light of Huangpu River, Sail, and Wind
- 2. Chenyi Square with a stone statue of Chenyi
- 3. The Sightseeing Tunnel
Oriental Pearl TV Tower:
It is 468 meters (1,536 feet) high TV and radio tower which is the centre of attraction of mainland China.
- Bus Routes: 81, 82, 313, 314, 939, 583, 791, 799, 939, 961, 985, 993
Yu Garden also known as Yuyuan Garden has more than 40 attractions. It was built more than 400 years ago in Ming Dynasty by Governor officer known as Pan Yunduan.
- Bus Routes: Bus 11, 26, 64, 304, 736, 805, 920, 926, 930
- Open hours: 8:30am-17:30pm
- Tourist Attraction:
- Sansui Hall
- Grand Rockery
- Exquisite Jade Rock
- Stone City
Shanghai World Financial Centre:
It is second highest building in Shanghai after Shanghai Tower. It is 492 meters tall consisting of 101 floors with 3 underground floors.