Eiffel Tower, the place where everyone wishes and dreams to go. Few might have been to this place while some planning to. Do go through the wonderful facts and figures of Eiffel Tower .
About Eiffel Tower
1.Eiffel Tower is located on Champ de Mars, Paris and was originally made for the entrance of World Fair.
2.It has a total length of 324 meters (1,063 feet) including the tip of antenna. Otherwise its 300 meters.
3. Eiffel Tower is made by French Civil engineer named Gustave Eiffel so it is designated by his name. It was made along with 300 artists and scupltures.
4.Initially many people were unhappy with the construction of Eiffel Tower and that led to protests in the country.
5.But it got completed in two years i.e March 31,1889.
6.It was the tallest man made structure in the world till 1930 until the construction of Chrysler Building in New York. It was for 41 years that it was the world’s tallest building.
7. Gustave Eiffel also designed the interiors of Statue of Liberty.
8.Eiffel Tower is made of lattice wrought iron which weighs 10,ooo tonnes. Iron was used instead of stone because of its light weight.
9.Every 7 years 50 tonnes of paint is added to the monument in order to protect it from rust.
10. It has got 1,710 steps with 108 stories and 5 million lights.
11. It is not so easy to climb all the steps so most people take lift to reach to the top.
12. The first platform is 190 feet above the ground; the second platform is 376 feet, and the third platform is almost 900 feet up.
13. Millions of visitors come to climb the tower which is approximately 250 milion visitors.
14. The other name for Eiffel Tower is La Dame de Fer, which means “Iron Lady”.
15.It was designed to be wind resistant, swaying only a few inches in the wind. It actually moves further when the iron on the sun facing side heats and expands, moving the top up to 7 inches (18 centimetres) away from the sun.
16. During cold climate, it shrinks by 6 inches.
17. In 1994, Hitler ordered the tower to be demolished but the General refused to do.
18. The elevator travels a distance of 103000 km a year.
19. A con artist named Victor Lustig sold the tower twice at the name of scrap metal.
20. The construction of the monument cost 7,799,401.31 French gold francs.
21. This Tower has got number of replica around the world. One in Las Vegas and like Tokyo Tower of Japan.
22. The tower comprises of 18,000 metallic parts, joined together by 2.5 million rivets.
23.The names of 72 engineers, scientists and mathematicians are engraved on the side of the tower,who contributed to the construction.
Powered by Davsy
- कोविड-19 से लड़ने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक best immunity boosting tips। Boost immunity with ayurveda. –
- What is a processor and how to choose a good CPU – Latest Technology
- How do I start Programming In C Language ? – Genius Crafter
- Apple Commemorates Steve Jobs’ 10th Death Anniversary With Special Homepage Takeover – Techno racing